Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Mixed media canvas.... rhapsody in blue

I had a lady round to do a class with me today and among other things, we did a canvas... the technique did require a lot of natural drying time so we didnt finish them during the workshops 4 hours, but I went back to mine tonight and finished it off. this is how it was earlier.....
I suppose it would have done like that (some friends said to leave it), but I like more warmth and age in my pieces.  I was not comfy with it as it was so i added more to it. I feel happier with it now. 
Thanks for visiting
Z x

3 comments:

  1. Definitely like the second version better!! That gold just really lifts it all and brings out all those yummy textures, - stunning canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That word "beautiful" is so apt because that is exactly what this canvas is - beautiful! I definitely prefer the second version too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finished version with the additional colours and gold

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete