Tuesday, 11 March 2014

A Vintage journey challenge 1

I am still busy being obsessed with birds nests, birds and eggs.... So i have altered this shadow box and used my new Tim Holtz stamp set :)
the corner embellishments are from a brand new range from Calico Crafts. (keep your eye on those as lots of great shapes, embellishments, surfaces and stencils will be getting added to the range a bit at a time.)

I made this project with the main intention of joining in with the fabulous new challenge site "A Vintage Journey". its their first stop on the journey they are taking us on. and the theme is very open (as long as it is inspired by Tim Holtz in some way.

Its clear where the more obvious influences are on mine when it comes to the stamps and the metal word plaque; but for me, almost every project i make is inspired by Tim Holtz, in one way or another. Before he came on to the craft scene, I was making pink and purple teddy-bear cards and the likes. I became intensely interested in the vintage distressed shabby look he was bringing to us and the fact it could be as suitable for male themed crafting as it is for female themes. From then on in, although i have moved on to more paints and mediums etc, every project I have made since, has had a "faux vintage", "shabby" or "distressed" look or influence. his influence is with me constantly.

12 comments:

  1. Great project Zuzu, and such fabulous use of those new corners!! Love how you combined the egg stamps with the real eggs, (well they are kind of real aren't they...?)

    Thanks for joining us over at A Vintage Journey, great to have you along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this very vintaged shadow box Zuzu, it has that wonderful aged appeal and looks like it has just been found hidden away in an antique store somewhere. Yes the TH influences are clearly there along with his products. Thanks for travelling on A Vintage Journey with us and bringing your gorgeous project to share. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you put elements together. Fab project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whata gorgeous project , love the dimensional elements to this, its fab x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Louise! I would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise!!! Oh my goodness. It is so good to hear from you! It's been a long time and I always adored your blog posts! This current one is another example of your gorgeous work! I love the bird next with the sweet little eggs suspended above. I'm so happy that you've found A Vintage Journey and hope to play along when you can. Having your art be a part of our challenge would be amazing. I also wanted to thank you for the very kind comments you've left on my blog. Your opinions mean the world to me as I am such a fan of your art! Thank you so much! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree and think that many of us are Tim inspired in much that we do! Love this shadow box filled with all those eggs and the subtle background stamping! Lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with the shadow box and I look forward to seeing what comes next....
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful box and the contents are eggquisite (sorry)
    Love the colours and all the gorgeous details

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful artwork Louise - gorgeously done. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this... beautiful corners (!), and the eggs look fab, especially in the little nest. It's lovely! Thank you for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete