Thursday, 20 March 2014

Plaque style tag featuring "Calico Craft Parts"....

HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!!!!  may you all have a blessed and fruitful spring. :)
so... back to the crafting.
I wanted to play with my new "Calico Craft parts" today. and i particularly wanted to try some flourishes as i have already tried some of the corners (and loved them)... so I made a sort of a tag come plaque. its made of stiff card so really just a large tag but i didnt snip the corners for a "tag shape".

I also wanted to do some image transfer but i dont have the right kind of printer or any bought sheets. I know from experience that trying it with images on the wrong kind of paper or the wrong kind of print, just leads to a terribly cloudy finish but it can be partially remedied by giving it a coat of some kind of sealer like modpodge etc.  So I went ahead and did it.
It turned out not too badly. the image i used was from one of Tim Holtz paper stacks. I forget its name but its the sort of science themed one (which i love). and i used some of Tim's fab rubons.
the background paper is one of Kaisercraft's basecoat papers and the material is cheesecloth type muslin.
its all finished off with my usual versamagic "gingerbread" chalk ink and of course some wonderful rusty wire. :)
I would like to add this to my souvenirs from my part in "A Vintage Journey" as its on its last day of the first challenge.  do go over and take a look. its promising to be a wonderful blog not just for a challenge to take part in but for the wonderful regular inspirations from the team and their guests. so you dont have to join in to appreciate the posts. :)
http://www.pinterest.com/vintagejourney1/
Edited to add my "pin worthy mention" from "A Vintage Journey"  (thank you)

6 comments:

  1. Louise...I love your vintage plaque! I love transfers and honestly, I think yours turned out beautiful! Such a "hauntingly" beautiful image. Your Kaisercraft background looks like an old board with the paint peeling away....I love that! The little bits of cheesecloth you've added really softens the piece. I love that as well! "JOURNEY" really pops off of the plaque, too. It's really a lovely piece! Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your beautiful art with all of us at A Vintage Journey! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Louise, I totally love how this turned out!! The muted background suits the transfer image just perfectly and the craft part is a wonderful addition to this piece, it looks brilliant altogether!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the vintage ethereal effects you have achieved Louise, this is a fabulous plaque, I love it. Thanks for travelling on A Vintage Journey again and sharing it with us.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning - so haunting and evocative - wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise! Just a quick stop. Y your blog to thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my new challenge piece. Your thoughts are important to me as I so respect your art. And yay !!! I am so glad to read that you also love creating art for it's own sake and it doesn't necessarily have to have a purpose! Sending hugs ! Candy

    ReplyDelete